Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Airstreams & Transitions

The Airstream Staff..they were great
I knew I was in trouble when I e-mailed my friend and great automobile photographer Michael Furman in Philadelphia and asked him for advice on photographing an Airstream. His response: " I am getting a headache just thinking about it. It has to be one of the hardest things to photograph...good luck". When the Mintage company, aka Rory Baumeister, saw my work of " Shiny Objects of Desire" he thought I was the right photographer, at least in Missoula, to photograph his refurbishing business of Airstreams. So naively but with some thought I went ahead and took on the challenge. Two rolls of seamless, 4 helpers and an very enthusiastic client we spent the day in East Missoula photographing the Airstream. What a blast it was and lighting nightmare...But I learned a lot and most importantly the client was " wowed" by he results..all I can say is wow. "Above and beyond Steve. More than I could imagine. I love it. I'll get a check out begining of the week. Can you do a picture with the three guys outside the trailer with a black background. Talk to you next week
thanks
rory" Pretty nice compliment and better yet is that we get to do it again with another Airstream next month...and perhaps a trip to Yellowstone this summer to photograph one on location....what fun.

Another exciting bit of news is I have a subtenant for the front of my studio which will cut my expenses in half and help me hobble out of this recession..I hope. Frances will be moving in May 1st and will open a high end consignment shop...The name " Frankies Mercantile" It will bring in more foot traffic to the studio and will benefit both of us, I think..I will keep you all posted...The last bit of news until the next post..it is April 13th and it is snowing in Missoula...argghhhh...Spring what Spring.... One last item...I will be more aggressively pursuing the Senior Portrait market in Missoula Montana...with a barrage of mailers, e-mailers and special offers...this will be happening in May so be on the watch....if you like...

No comments: