Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 3, 2010

big news from the Rockies

What can I say, I am just too busy to blog..sort of ...but still I must blog..why? well I have been advised that in order for search engines to identify my web I need to blog about Montana Wedding photography, Montana Architectural Photography, Montana Photography and I also need to blog about being a photographer in Missoula. So here I am almost 5 am on a Saturday morning thinking about about blogging rather than counting sheep. Since I am here let's get started.
Lesson number #1 when creating a domain name it is worth spending the extra money to buy multiple names. Case in point. I bought Begleiter.com about 10 year ago..good move, sort of except now there is another Steve Begleiter who got into the World Series of Poker final or the WSOP and won over a million dollars...so when you google Steven Begleiter he takes up the first page with all about him and his poker experience...arggghhhh...I suppose with a million dollars I could also buy the first page ...Poker???? there is sort of dark side to this but I won't go there...

Lesson #2 Never say No and never say Yes...Maybe..I have learned that no job is too small, only the budget and you never know where the initial job may lead...Remember that baseball card I photographed that is worth over a million dollars ( there is that number again) Well the owners came back to have me photograph more cards...More interesting is how they are going to "unload this baseball card" The owners have contact the the Major League Baseball organization and the state of New York and will be raffling off the Honus Wagner baseball card at $5 a ticket. They estimate they may sell up to $200 million tickets for the luck person to win a million dollar ticket..I will buy one at $5 you never know...anyway 75% of the proceeds will go to charity a very good thing and a win win for all...So keep you eyes and hears open for the Honus Wagner Baseball card raffle..just think the main reason why this card is so valuable is because honus wagner hated cigarettes and stop the printing presses after 100 card were printed... baseball historians do say he was one of the greatest players in baseball..sorry Babe...

On the Missoula photography studio front looks like the studio is becoming a "blended business" due to the recession, lack of income and lack of compassion from my landlord, I will be blending my business and subletting the front space to a Consignment store...which I think is a really good thing. Making lemonade out of lemons....What I did realize with the right business up front it would bring foot traffic into my space..plus it will be nice to have someone else share the large space...no man is an island. So the lucky tenant will be Frances and she will be moving in on May 1...splitting the overhead should help me get through this tough recession and professional photography downturn. I am feeling more optimistic and even started to clean up the studio space. I have even believe I have gotten two new clients...RawWise and Raw vegetable client..more on this later. and a guy who refurbishes AirStreams...more later on this to..but all and all I am feeling lucky again...a feeling I sort of lost ever since I had to look hard at the numbers putting my tax material together for 2009...my goal is to stay a professional photographer to at least 2012 so I can say that my photography business has been around for a 30 years a good run in my opinion.... now it time to me to crawl back into bed and really count sheep...btw become a follower of this blog if you like...and let me know about your blogging...

No comments: